Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bill Maher: Quote for February 19, 2009

(Standing in front of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.) Does that look like anything, like anything that Jesus Christ had in mind? That looks to me like what it is, a giant bureaucratic building. I wonder how many of the people milling around here all the time understand how much of Catholicism came, not from the founder, but from the bureaucrats who came after. Like the guy who penciled in the resurrection into the gospel of Mark three hundred years after it was written. That's right, the resurrection isn't in the original script.

But that's ok, I think it was Jesus who said: "After I go, appoint a spokesman for me, and make sure he lives in a giant palace, the better to remind people of my whole thing about the meek inheriting the earth."
from: Religulous (Documentary 2008)
Categories: ,